Saving Money This Christmas
In a time of economic uncertainty, everyone is looking for ways to save. In this post you'll find a link to another article I wrote last year, which explains various ways that you can save money on Christmas gifts this year.
Here are just few key things to remember:
- Create a shopping list & budget ahead of time and stick to your budget!
- Pay with cash. This will help ensure that you stick to a budget, and you won't have to worry about paying off those credit cards next year.
- Use gift cards & shopping cards to buy your gifts.
- Save money by making gifts yourself. Make your own crafts, jewelry, or Christmas candy and cookies.
- Buy throughout the year when items are sale rather than splurging on everything at one time.
Tips to Avoid Spending Too Much This Holiday Season
Also, while I'm posting about saving money, here are few more points, which are not in the article, but are important to remember this holiday season.
- Remember that it's not the quantity of gifts or the amount of money spent that counts, but the thought behind the gift.
- Sometimes good things do come in small packages.
- Sometimes less is more.
- No amount of money you can spend will ever replace or mean as much as the time that you spend with family and friends.
- And don't forget the reason for the season.