Did you know that March was National Nutrition Month? The Midwest Dairy Council
has a few facts to share without about the nutritional value of milk. As you know, milk and other dairy products are good sources of vitamins and minerals. We’ve all heard that milk “does a body good,” but research shows that many people don’t fully understand the whole story of the nutritional value found in dairy! It goes beyond just calcium for strong bones – each serving of dairy provides 8 other essential nutrients, including:
· Vitamin D: Vitamin D (“The Sunshine Vitamin”) promotes calcium absorption and helps strengthen bones. Milk is one of the few dietary sources of vitamin D and just one 8 ounce glass provides 25% of your recommended daily value.
· Protein: Protein builds and repairs muscle tissue while giving you a boost of energy! The protein in milk, cheese and yogurt builds and repairs muscle tissue and can help you feel full.
· Potassium: Did you know that milk and yogurt contain as much potassium as a banana? Potassium regulates the body’s fluid balance and helps maintain normal blood pressure.
· Vitamin B12: Milk and yogurt are also excellent sources of B12, which helps maintain healthy red blood cells and nerve tissue.
Three daily servings of dairy (including low-fat/fat-free milk, cheese or yogurt) deliver exceptional nutrition (for an awesome value) and can contribute to your family’s plan for a healthy diet and lifestyle.
For information, please visit the newly updated Dairy Makes Sense
. There, you’ll find more information on dairy’s nutritional benefits and links to several recipes you'll enjoy for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (located here: http://bit.ly/aBnlVk
To promote the importance of dairy products and help you to incorporporate dairy into your life, we have a fantastic giveaway. The Midwest Dairy Association is giving one lucky Simply Sweet Home reader a special Dairy Makes Sense prize pack. The prize pack includes
Giveaway Closed. Thanks for entering!
- Cuisinart CSB-76 Smart Stick Hand Blender ($55 value)
- Recipe cards
- An apron
- Hot pad
- Cheese knife
- Grocery pad
- Refrigerator magnet.
Full Disclosure: For sharing this information and hosting the giveaway, I was given a prize pack with the same items being given away here. I was not monetarily compensated for this post.
Labels: Giveaways, Sponsors