This week my husband and I had a very special (and super quick and easy to make) weeknight meal from Bertolli. Bertolli Frozen Meal Soups
are hearty and fresh-tasting soups made with vegetables, meats, pasta and herbs individually flash frozen at the peak of freshness.
They are available in four varieties: Chicken Minestrone, Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta, Tomato Florentine & Tortellini with Chicken, and Tuscan-Style Beef with Vegetables.
We decided to try the Roasted Chicken & Rotini Pasta. This soup features roasted white meat chicken, pasta, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots and celery in a savory chicken broth.
I was very amazed by the taste and quality of the soup. As soon as I opened the package and poured the contents into the pot, I could smell the ingredients (even though the soup was frozen). It was also amazingly fast and convenient. Just add one cup of water, and then boil and simmer for five minutes. That's right! Just 5 minutes!
And once cooked, the soup smelled and tasted just as fresh as something you would make from scratch or get at a restaurant. In fact, my husband liked it so much, he inquired about taking it for his lunch!
I served it up with a simple grilled ham and cheese sandwich and crackers. On a cool winter's day, it made for a deliciously comforting meal!
6 More Tips to Help Make Your Week Night Meals Special:
1. Table Decor - Set the mood with candles, place cards, or just a simple table cloth.
2. Talk & Share - Go around the table and have everyone share something that happened to them that day.
3. Conversation Jar - On slips of paper, write different conversation topics. Then place the slips of paper in a jar and and draw them out of the jar at meal time for fun and meaningful conversations at the table.
4. Restaurant Quality Meals at Home - With convenient entrees like Bertolli Meal Soups, serve a basic salad and a sandwich or bread. Place on the table at the same time or serve in courses.
5. The "Good Kid" Plate - When one of your kids has been exceptionally good or accomplished something great in school, sports, or the like, bring out the "good kid" plate. This could simply be a plate that's different from everyone else's at the table. Or perhaps it might include a special surprise. You could also serve that child's favorite meal that evening.
6. Don't forget the dessert!
Connect with Bertolli
, and on their Website
Disclosure: I was compensated by Bertolli to participate in the Weeknight Meal Special Challenge.
Labels: casseroles and quick meals, soups