Each new year we make a list of goals or projects for the year, but by March many of these fall by the wayside (if not before then). The key to achieving your new year's resolutions and completing your projects for the year is to set attainable goals and schedule time to work on all your projects and goals.
Keys to Goal Setting:
1. Set realistic, attainable goals.
2. Set goals that can be easily measured.
* I will post 5 times a week on my blog.
* I will get 50 new followers this month.
*I will get 5 sales a week.
* I will meal plan each week.
*I will try a new recipe each week.
3. Give yourself a time frame or deadline to achieve your goals.
*By the end of the month I will have my first sale.
*By the end of the month I'll have 10 new craft projects completed.
*I will declutter one closet each week.
4. Schedule time to work on your projects and goals. In other words, treat it like a job. This can be as general or specific as you'd like it to be, but you should make scheduled time for all your endeavors and be consistent.
*I will post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
*Each morning I will spend two hours working on my blog or networking.
*Each day I will clean one room in the house.
*Each morning I will list new items in my shop.
5. Write down your schedule and/or document your work.
-Keep a planner to write down your schedule and the tasks you want to perform each day.
-In your planner, in a separate notebook, or a on a blog, make a list of what you do each day. This will help you to measure your progress and will help you to stay on task.
Great Calendar For You: For those of you who have goals to declutter and keep a cleaner house this year, you may want to have a look at this year's Declutter Calendar over at My Simpler Life. The calender gives you a different task to do each day to help keep your house clean and clutter free. You could also have a look at this calendar and then make your own with your specific needs and tasks in mind.
Labels: Business, organizing, planning, Work at Home Wednesday