Sweet Thursday Revamped/New Format
I was working on the Sweet Thursday post for January when I came up with a new idea. For those of you who are not familiar with the Sweet Thursday Posts, you can read about the feature here: First Sweet Thursday Post. In a nutshell the feature is devoted to desserts. Usually I feature photographs of different desserts from around the net, and I include a link to the page where that dessert can be found. I've also left it open to feature resturant food and product reviews if need be, but the bottom line is that it has to be desserts.
And usually I go around and find between 5 and 10 different items to feature. I love doing the "research" and it's fun to see all the great sweets out there, but as I was putting it together last night, I had a thought: What if I allowed fellow bloggers to submit their own desserts for the Sweet Thursday post? (just as I did with the Christmas stuff) So I've decided I would try it. I figure it can't hurt anything. At the very least, I'll get no submissions, and I'll just go about my business as I normally would.....and at the most I'll get some great ideas to feature.
So if any of you foodie/baking bloggers would like to see your desserts featured here in the feature, please read the following.
Here are the rules and guidelines:
1. Each month I'll be doing a different Sweet Thursday Post. Upon publishing the post, I'll announce when the deadline will be for the next Sweet Thursday post submission, and I'll tell you if there is a theme for the month.
2. Your submission has to be a dessert or at least something kinda sweet. (Fruit is okay.) There's no recipe requirement; I've featured a lot of recipe links in the past, but I've also featured plenty of links to photo blogs and flickr pages. As long as it's something sweet, it should be okay. (So for example, if you've created a cake, cookies, or cupcakes that you want to share photos of, it's okay to send that in regardless of whether you have a recipe posted for the item.) And you don't have to have a blog!
3. Also, if you have a blog where you only feature recipes and do not feature pictures, you can still send me a link and the name of your recipe, and I'll put that up here as well.
4. Try to pick a dessert that goes along with that month's theme (if there is one). I wouldn't be very strict with this rule actually....if it seems like it kind of goes with the theme, I'm sure it will be acceptable.
5. Submit your dessert by sending an email to email@example.com.
6. In the email, include your name, the name of your dessert, your blog's name, a link to your post, and photo of your dessert. (Or if you'd like, send me your info, and I'll grab the photo off your site.)
7. In my hopes of getting others involved, I would appreciate it, if you would mention somewhere in the post that you are (it is) being featured on Simply Sweet Home and link back to http://simplysweethome.blogspot.com/. (You do not have to use the banner or even title your post Sweet Thursday, but you can if you want to. It's optional, but I would appreciate a link.)
8. Also, it's okay to send in something from an older post or something that you've submitted to other events.