The "You Are Not Alone/WE Surround Them" Project and Viewing Party
Although I follow politics and current events very closely, I choose not blog on these and other serious issues. I thought long and hard about posting on this program, because I hate to go to a recipe blog or an organzing blog, only to find articles on global warming or some other political issue. But since this is an independent/nonpolitical project, I've decided to promote it, so please indulge me for a moment.
I've been concerned about the direction things are going in, and I'm happy that Glenn Beck is trying to bring together people that are feeling alone, people that are concerned about the country, and people that feel that the government no longer represents the will of the people.
Glenn Beck is a talk radio and television host who is politically independent with conservative leanings. His You Are Not Alone project is encouraging people who believe in the same basic principles (listed below) to come together and work together for the sake of the country and demand that government be accountable to the people again. He's asked people that believe in at least 6 of the 9 principles below to send in their picture to the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.The project also centers around 12 core values.
If you believe in these principles and values, I encourage you to visit his website and tune in to the program Monday though Friday at 5 PM Eastern Time. Also, this Friday, March 13, he's hosting a You Are Not Alone Special. I'm not sure what all the program will entail, but I'm sure it will be very interesting and worth watching, so if you believe in these principles and values I hope you'll tune in and/or DVR it, and get your friends and family to watch too.
A lot of people are hosting viewing parties at their home, but instead of doing that I decided to spread the word through my blog. I figure we could have an "online viewing party." So if you tune in to the program, I'd love for you to come back and tell me what you think, either by commenting on this post or sending an email.
For more information on this program, visit WE Surround Them.-Jerri